The Nearest airports operating domestic and international fl ights: Wrocław (101 km) and Katowice (102 km). Two airports operating
in the province: Kamień Śląski and Polska Nowa Wieś, the latter has a grass runway designed mostly for sports use. Kamień Śląski airport is a private one, a local airport for the Opolskie
province is planned to be developed on the site.
Airport in Kamień Śląski
Possible development of Kamień Śląski airport:
- international connection service (cheap airlines),
- regular service to Germany,
- charter flights,
- General Aviation,
- Certifi ed Centre for Aviation Training,
- airplanes from all over Europe.
The airport is
an important element of the Opolskie Province communication
system thanks to the infrastructure (concrete runway length is 2350 m and width is 60 m, the airport area – 285 ha, at a distance of 100 m from the airport there is a railway siding and
a hotel where guests may stay while visiting Kamień Śląski and the Opolskie region); and its convenient location:
- 8 km from the A4 motorway,
- 105 km from Wrocław,
- 65 km from Katowice,
- 35 km from Opole,
- approximately 300 km from the German border,
- 45 km from the Czech border.